Benefits of Kelpak on Potatoes
Field trials conducted in South Africa and Europe clearly show the many benefits of applying Kelpak Liquid Seaweed Extract to potatoes, including:
- Increases vigour of root and shoot growth
- Improves nutrient uptake
- Increases resistance to nematode infestation
- Increased stress tolerance during drought
- Increased tolerance to waterlogged conditions
- Increases tuber number and size
- Increases total marketable yield
Recommended application rates
Treat seed potatoes with a 0.5% Kelpak solution before planting.
Spray seed potatoes in plant furrow with planter at a rate of 1L/ha.
Follow up with a Kelpak foliar spray at
3L/ha 21 to 28 days after germination and repeat the foliar application 10 to 14 days later at a rate of 2L/ha.